Meeting Time: Thursdays at 6:30pm (EST), beginning May 9th
Would you like to improve your effectiveness and success rate with impulsivity/hyperactivity, reactivity, and fear clients, or are you looking to get started with these types of behavior issues?
This 8-week Mentorship will focus on canine impulsivity/hyperactivity, reactivity, and fear, and will discuss:
- the current scientific understanding
- history taking, assessment, and client communication
- development and implementation of behavior modification specific to these issues
By the end of this course, students should know how to:
- Define and correctly identify hyperactivity/impulsivity, reactivity and fear and explain what leads to the behavior
- Develop effective, comprehensive behavior plans for these issues
- Track progress and make adjustments as needed
- Communicate effectively with clients
The course is ideal for:
- Dog trainers, behavior consultants, and shelter volunteers or staff
- Veterinarians and veterinary staff
- Dog walkers and dog day care staff
- Pet owners may also benefit from taking the course, although they would be best served if done in conjunction with one-on-one work with a certified behavior consultant
This 8-week mentorship provides mentees with ongoing video lectures, documentation, online chat, and scheduled weekly live/online meetings.
Relative to the course topics, mentees can discuss their own cases or any others, ask questions about application and theory, ask for tips and advice on overcoming specific challenges, and be guided toward even higher levels of professionalism and effectiveness. The mentors are there for the mentees, and offer all help and discussion that each mentee finds useful.
Auditors may observe and learn about topics under discussion between the mentor and full mentees. Auditors do not attend the weekly live chats and may not introduce their own cases or ask for specific input on their own work.
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE WEEKLY MEETINGS **
- Auditors do not attend online meetings
- Meetings are not recorded
- Meetings begin 1 week after course opens
- Meetings are 1 hour in duration
- There are 8 meetings for this course
- CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA): 21 CEUs
- IAABC, KPA: 24 CEUs
- CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 8 CEUs