Can you recognise the difference between horse behaviours triggered by pain, discomfort, environmental stimuli, or confusion in training systems? Join Trudi Dempsey, an IAABC Certified Horse Behavior Consultant and ABTC Accredited Animal Behaviourist, for an in-depth study of the Equine Discomfort Ethogram.
This course will help you interpret horse behaviours and postures. You will also learn to distinguish behaviours that might be addressed with behaviour modification from those that suggest the need for further diagnostic procedures. This knowledge can contribute to improved wellbeing in horses.
During this 4-week, instructor-led course, students will:
- Examine the value of the ethogram in supporting best welfare
- Interpret pain behaviours and postures
- Work through case studies to evaluate the core principles of the ethogram
- Use this knowledge to inform clients, colleagues, and students
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE WEEKLY MEETINGS **
- Auditors do not attend online meetings
- Meetings are not recorded
- Meetings begin 1 week after course opens
- Meetings are 1 hour in duration
- There are 4 meetings for this course
- CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 10 CEUs
- CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 6 CEUs