By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Think scientifically about animal training and behavior consulting for all species.
- Break training into component principles.
- Analyze environmental events that maintain behavior.
- Recognize how labels such as “aggressive” or “submissive” cloud your thinking and work.
- Establish accurate descriptions of animals who are said to be “confident,” “creative,” “a problem solver,” and how you should approach those learners.
- Understand the common principles at play in different animals & species.
- Directly assess behavior and train more humanely and effectively by cutting through the jargon.
There are no online meetings for this course.
CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 8 CEUs
CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 6 CEUs