Meeting Time: Wednesdays at 1pm (Eastern Time), beginning March 13th.
Graphic Content Warning: Course contains images of fatal dog bites and injuries.
Jim Crosby is widely recognized as an expert in the field of dog bites, dog aggression, and fatal dog attacks. In this four-part course, Jim is sharing his hard-won knowledge and experience about dog aggression, bites, communication, and what we can do with all of this as we go through our personal and professional journeys through the canine world.
Four Modules, four live meetings (Full Students only), and experience that literally only exists in a hand full of places in the world, Jim is here to share those experiences and the understanding he has gained in nearly twenty years of dealing with the worst of the worst – and a few dogs too.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose of aggression and when it is or is not appropriate
- Analyze how bites happen and what evidence they leave
- Evaluate WHICH dog did it, and the basis of inclusion and exclusion of potential suspects
- Exchange signals with problem dogs and build the beginnings of trust
- Explore dog case evaluations and their application to individual dogs
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE WEEKLY MEETINGS **
- Auditors do not attend online meetings
- Meetings are not recorded
- Meetings begin 1 week after course opens
- Meetings are 1 hour in duration
- There are 4 meetings for this course
CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 10 CEUs
CCPDT (CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA), IAABC, KPA: 6 CEUs